Volume. Wins. Ask any full-time YouTuber, social celebrity, successful vlogger, or brand on YouTube and they will tell you that their viewership rose as soon as they started increasing their volume. Now, there is a tipping point, and you can’t simply be publishing rubbish content and expect it to perform well. The perfect intersection is quality content but published on an extremely regular basis—but it’s the regularity that often gets glossed over.
It's 2018. We don't watch TV with commercials, we don't listen to the radio, and when was the last time you bought a newspaper? Advertising has moved to digital and I've been plugged into it since the beginning. I prefer to focus on e-commerce, crowdfunding, and lead generation. But if you have a project outside of that, I'm open to talking about it. I've managed Facebook advertising campaigns for companies that spend over $275,000 per month to companies that spend around $1,000 per month. I focus on ROI. That's what matters right? Five years of experience in Facebook advertising, SEO, Google AdWords, YouTube advertising, content creation copy, authority pages, blog posts, Instagram, Facebook, landing page design, CRM management, mobile advertising, retargeting, display advertising, and publisher relations. Google AdWords Search Advertising Certified Google Video Advertising Certified Google Analytics Certified HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certified Managed, devised creative, and executed Facebook advertising account for e-commerce operation with monthly budgets of up to $275,000+. Managed international display advertising budgets of over $40,000 per month ($296,000 per month across all clients) with a 15% cost of COS. Managed domestic Google AdWords budgets of over $15,000 per month ($49,000 per month across all clients) with an average of 24% COS. Turned around 5+ year existing Google AdWords campaign from $856 per lead to $130 per lead in six months. Built outdoor industry blog into a content site with over 40,000 unique visitors per month over 2 years. Increased inbound calls to local plumbing business by 223% per month using Google AdWords and call tracking over three months. Designed Facebook ad campaign to add 8,623 likes to an outdoor industry company over 30 days and at a cost of only $379. Increased traffic through SEO and SEO based content creation by an average of 26% over four months across an agency portfolio of 12 clients.
User entitlement -- A key to the plan of scaling up and eventually figuring out how to make money is free services for users. The minute you charge people, most walk off, particularly when they've been trained to assume that services should be free. YouTube has clearly told people that they should expect free video streaming, even if it has considered an ad-free paid subscription service. Getting consumers to change their behavior after they've become used to not paying is next to impossible.
49. Use tags correctly. “One of the biggest mistakes that hinders the growth of your YouTube video’s organic promotion is incorrect tag usage. Tagging in YouTube works differently than it does in a blog post. If you’ve never paid attention to YouTube tags, now’s a good time to start. You can even go back and edit all of your old tags.” – Harsh Agrawal, 10 Killer Ways to Promote YouTube Videos for Higher Traffic, ShoutMeLoud; Twitter: @shoutmeloud
Broadcasters snipe at the quality of YouTube's videos, aiming to hold on to TV advertising. Competing in subscription-based services vs. the likes of Netflix and Hulu would take big content investments. Not knowing YouTube's costs, margins or growth history will make it hard to gauge how it's meeting the challenges -- and the potential for a blow to its value to Alphabet, whose overall market capitalization approaches $500 billion. Alphabet stock closed Friday at 747.60, up 1.5%.
Brooke was exceptional to work with. She presented the material in an extremely organized and well documented manner. We were looking for a roadmap to help us navigate our way through Youtube, and Brooke gave us that and so much more. Because of her research and thorough understanding of our needs, we walked away with an invaluable resource. KNOWLEDGE! I'd highly recommend her to anybody!
I'm a digital marketing expert with over 12 years of wide-ranging experience in PPC advertising, SEM, community management, inbound marketing, digital strategy, project management, and PR. My main focus is on PPC advertising. Through the thoughtful use of quality targeted content, industry-specific social research and individually tailored multi-channel campaigns + analytics, I help small-to-medium sized businesses in all industries better engage with customers and increase brand awareness while also driving revenues. Every business has unique needs and value propositions. These variants require custom strategy solutions. I'm here to help create, implement, maintain, and iterate upon campaigns tailored specifically to your business, cause, or venture. Please reach out to learn more. :: Service Offerings :: -Google Ads (formerly Adwords) -Facebook + Instagram Ads -Twitter Ads -LinkedIn Ads -Reddit Ads :: Certifications :: Certified Google Partner Google AdWords Certified Google Analytics Certified HubSpot Inbound Certified
If you know how to manage your YouTube channels, you can actually earn more revenues. You see; videos that are being watched more often can be used as an advertising tool and YouTube actually pays the subscribers that get a lot of hits on their videos. How to get money from YouTube might fall on a different topic but at this point, we just want to stress out the importance of creating high quality and interesting videos.
I'm Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified and work daily with them resolving AdWords campaign issues. My organic search engine optimization skills, tools, and techniques are strong. My SEO audits can identify work which will be most beneficial to boosting your rankings with the major search engines, and I can offer recommendations to enhance your social media presence. I use industry "best practices" augmented by artificial intelligence models to sculpt your PPC campaign into a profitable asset. Starting with a baseline and keyword research, I can mimic your leading competitors websites and extract the best keywords and paid search ad history to build the foundation to a successful campaign. I can ensure you that my AdWords campaigns will: - Have an optimized ad group structure. - Utilize best practice implementation of extended text ad format - Use bidding strategies that place ads in the proper rank within the top Google ad slots - Utilize geo-targeting - Be Optimized for mobile - Use each and every available ad extension when applicable - Optimize Google Analytics integration for advanced insight on web traffic I am experienced in building new campaigns from the ground up. I can also improve your existing PPC marketing/remarketing campaign, to create enhanced campaign performance with more effective ad spend. If traffic is landing on your site but not completing the goal you've set, I can either tell you why and locate exactly where they are falling off. I can blend Google Analytics (GA) data to your Adwords, and setup Google remarketing campaigns to boost sales from visitors who have left your site. I have developed, and utilize the following specific process for AdWords success: - Identify success metrics and isolate the key performance indicators for your campaign. - For existing, complex campaigns: conduct a thorough baseline campaign analysis. - Carefully determine the best Geo-targeting parameters and methods. - Keyword volume research using the best tools, Wordtracker, Google Analytics, Google - Keyword Tools SpyFU, & SEMRush. - Spider your leading competitors website(s) extracting keywords and ad history. - Structure your PPC ad groups to achieve high Google PPC 'relevancy'. - Write great 'creative ad copy' in my AdWords text ad simulator; review with you. - Set ads up for tracking of goal completions via clicks and calls via Google tracking pixels. - Provide advice on landing page design optimization and A/B testing. - Use smart bidding strategies and creative quality score management. - Develop a strong, campaign-specific negative keyword list. - Once ads are live, enhance CTR's via A/B split testing. - Set up audiences and remarketing, leveraging Google Analytics and Google AdWords data. - Monitor 'search term vs keyword' reports to harvest new keywords and enhance matching. - Configure marketing automation tools for your campaigns. - Make savvy use of analytics, pipeline reports, and enhanced device targeting. New York based and available by phone, text, or Skype.. Get in touch to review your online marketing challenges.
For instance, say you are a fitness trainer who provides workout videos. You notice that a prominent traffic source for your channel is people searching for “5-minute workouts”. Using this insight, you could now create an entire playlist of different five-minute workout routines. These videos will be highly searchable, allowing you to meet the existing needs of your audience and grow your viewership.
While you’re on the quest to find and attract new customers and leads, don’t forget about the ones you already have. Share your video content and channel with relevant email lists. Encourage your contacts to check out a blog post you’ve embedded a video in to increase both the video and website traffic or direct them to a relevant playlist you’ve curated. Sending an email newsletter with valuable information and content is a great way to keep your contacts engaged.
There are other views in the debate that agree with Tapscott and Williams that it is increasingly based on harnessing open source/content, networking, sharing, and peering, but they argue that the result is not an economic democracy, but a subtle form and deepening of exploitation, in which labour costs are reduced by Internet-based global outsourcing.
Next let’s break down the types of advertisements on YouTube. You’re probably familiar with them if you watch any amount of YouTube videos. There’s the bottom text based ad that is displayed at the bottom of your video, and then there is the clip that plays at the beginning of your video. You can select which of these ads your video can have, and it might make a difference depending on your audience or how much revenue your video brings in.
“So, use YouTube Analytics to see what videos are successful at keeping viewers watching. Pay close attention to the Watch Time report and Audience Retention report. Keep viewers watching each of your videos by using effective editing techniques to maintain and build interest throughout each video. Then, direct viewers to watch more content by adding end screens to each of your videos. Next, build your subscriber base, because subscribers are your most loyal fans and will be notified of new videos and playlists to watch. Finally, build longer watch-time sessions for your content by using playlists and creating a regular release schedule to encourage viewers to watch sets of your videos instead of just single videos.” – Greg Jarboe, 3 Big YouTube Numbers Video Marketers Need to Care About, Tubular Insights; Twitter: @tubularinsights
18. Find the right influencers. “It is the age of digital celebrities; or as they are called – Influencers. These are the people who get people to not just think about your brand, but also buy from you! Unlike the traditional celebrities, these digital stars still work their regular jobs and do regular stuff that their followers can relate to. They have a dedicated audience unlike movie stars or celebs who have a large but detached fan base. Also, brand endorsements seem like a natural fit in their content because the sole purpose of their online presence is to share their life with their fans. Measurement of the ROI for such influencer campaigns is also easier when compared to a celebrity endorsement.” – Aravinda Holla, How Brands Can Easily Analyze the YouTube Stats of Any Video Creator, Vidooly; Twitter: @vidoolydotcom
"Commodified Internet spaces are always profit-oriented, but the goods they provide are not necessarily exchange-value and market-oriented; in some cases (such as Google, Yahoo, MySpace, YouTube, Netscape), free goods or platforms are provided as gifts in order to drive up the number of users so that high advertisement rates can be charged in order to achieve profit.":181
36. Add in-stream call-to-actions and inspire viewers to subscribe. “In April 2017, YouTube changed its policy, and now you are required to have 1000 subscribersto stream live videos. That is why this year we’ll see more live videos than ever before. You can stream interviews or Q&A sessions with users; you can show the ongoings of backstage; tell breaking news, events, etc. Tubularinsights insists that whatever occasion you choose for going live, be sure you rehearse before streaming the whole thing. Besides, live video sessions require beforehand promotion. Otherwise, nobody will see your live video and your efforts will be in vain. Don’t forget to add in-stream call-to-actions, both visual and verbal, thus inspiring viewers to subscribe.” – Donna Moores, What’s New in Marketing on YouTube: Tips You Need to Know for 2018, Socialnomics; Twitter: @socialnomics
Remind your YouTube viewers to subscribe to your channel, during or after the video plays, and in the description or comments section. Tag your videos with relevant keywords, so people can find your work. Push traffic to your YouTube channel from other social platforms. “Boosting your subscribers won’t happen overnight, but keep it up. Consistency is key, and you can reach out to other creators for advice or collaboration,” adds Ezarik (YouTube says collaboration is critical, too). Interact with your viewers by responding to comments.
22. Follow relevant creators. “This YouTube tip is a bit out-of-the-box strategy. Think creative. Do wonders. Everyone sees all the available options on the platform and everywhere gets different results. One of the reasons for that difference is that people who work harder and think out-of-the-box get better results. Speaking of which, this strategy of ‘following relevant creators’ will help guide you to get engaged with the relevant audience, and ultimately you will meet a share of their audience. This is how people grow their YouTube Channels. YouTube Collaboration is a vital growth trend that YouTubers adopt, but this happens when you have some followers base and others (you’re collaborating) have some audience too. But, once you start relevant content creators on YouTube, they will notice you and maybe, the process of communication begins from there.” – Ali Raza, 10 YouTube Tips for Video Marketing, Ali Raza
Knowing who you are and, perhaps more importantly, who your audience is will make you attractive to advertisers, sponsors and partners outside the YouTube sphere, experts say. Make sure to also set yourself up as someone who is "brand safe," says Tyler Vaught, head of Niche, Twitter's service that connects creators worldwide with brands to develop branded content. That could mean not using profanities, avoiding charged political topics and dodging drug references and other controversial topics on your channel.
The great thing about sponsorships is that you don’t have to give YouTube a cut. Plus, you can negotiate whatever contracts you want based on impressions and the size of your audience. In most cases, the amount of revenue you generate from sponsorships is substantially more than YouTube ad revenue. (Meanwhile, you can still generate ad revenue. So it’s like having two sources of income from the same video.)
25. Market your videos. “This is the piece most people forget about! Remember what I always say – You cannot just build it and they will come. You need to market ‘it’ too, no matter what ‘it’ is. Create social media posts to send people to the videos. Tell people about them – this is how you will build those views! It is the NOT MISS tasks in your marketing of these videos.
47. Try live streaming videos. “Early stages of buyers’ journey, especially for B2B, can utilize live streaming to their advantage to improve SEO. YouTube Live Streaming can actually boost your organics rankings because live streamings videos are more engaging and search engines reward you for it. It’s like you’re producing fresh content similar to news and search engines in particular Google like fresh relevant and useful content.” – Al Sefati, Video Marketing Tips and YouTube SEO Checklist for 2018, Sefati Consulting; Twitter: @SefatiDotNet
When creating an ad, you have 5 seconds to hook the viewer in so they watch more of your video. You see what Tai Lopez does? The background is him standing in a mansion, and the first thing he says is that he’s going to give you a tour of his mansion. Then he introduces himself. And to keep you watching, he gives you a video tour of the mansion while he talks about himself and what he offers. This is great marketing that few people have done.
What kind of sales multiple does this fast-growing video juggernaut deserve? It's tough to think of a direct comparison. Netflix, which trades for over eight times its 2018 revenue consensus, relies on subscription revenue rather than ads. And whereas YouTube largely relies on ad revenue-sharing deals with content partners, Netflix directly pays its content partners for their material.
The second view is e.g. taken by Christian Fuchs in his book "Internet and Society". He argues that YouTube is an example of a business model that is based on combining the gift with the commodity. The first is free, the second yields profit. The novel aspect of this business strategy is that it combines what seems at first to be different, the gift and the commodity. YouTube would give free access to its users, the more users, the more profit it can potentially make because it can in principle increase advertisement rates and will gain further interest of advertisers. YouTube would sell its audience that it gains by free access to its advertising customers.:181
Does your company have a relationship with another company that has a great YouTube presence? Ask them to collaborate! Collaborating with others is a fun way for both channels to gain exposure to another audience. Create a video or playlist together. There are a lot of options to creatively collaborate with other brands, just make sure that their audience and goal is similar to yours. The partnership should align with your marketing strategy.
The money you earn on YouTube is entirely dependant upon how many views your videos receive. If you have a large number of subscribers and all of your videos receive thousands of views, the ad revenue will be high. If your videos have a low number of views, those videos will not generate much in terms of revenue. “Gangnam Style,” for example, was a viral hit that received over two billion views and generated as much as $5.9 million in revenue. However, even popular users generally see views in the thousands rather than the billions, so earnings are considerably lower on average. As of 2013, it is estimated that one video with a million views can earn the creator between $800 and $8,000.
Sharing your videos on social is an easy way to add additional insights to your video and engage with viewers. YouTube makes it incredibly simple for you and others to promote your video across other social networks. To share a video, just click the “Share” tab underneath the video. There you can select where to market the video. YouTube even provides a shortened URL to your video for convenient sharing.