When promoting your YouTube channel or videos on your social media sites, consider the best marketing strategy. Simply sharing the video on your timeline or feed may not be the most effective option. Think of why you made the video. Maybe you created a tutorial because users were asking a lot of questions about how to use your product. In that case, it might be best to respond to those questions with a link to your video. If you created a video as part of a larger campaign or global trend, be sure to include relevant #hashtags where appropriate to ensure your video is included in the conversation.
Flesh out your topics and start creating fresh content on a regular basis. Just tap record on the camera, and talk. Be natural. You’ll also get better at hosting these segments as time goes on. If your videos require other people and/or editing, find some friends who can help pro bono. With videos ranging from five to 35 minutes, Ezarik says she spends more time editing than shooting, but is starting to enlist some help to free up her time.
I’m sure you have seen a viral YouTube video. They come in all shapes and sizes—from super popular songs like “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” to a funny grumpy cat, someone falling down, or even something completely off the wall like Ylvis' “What Does the Fox Say?" video. What do they all have in common? Well, these posters all made a ton of money on YouTube when their videos went viral.
In-stream ads refer to ads that play within a YouTube video itself. TrueView in-stream ads play before a viewer watches the video they’ve selected on YouTube. These ads can be customized with different overlay text and CTAs and viewers usually have the option to skip the ad after watching the first five seconds. In addition to the pre-roll in-stream ads that play before the video, there are also mid-roll video ads that appear midway through YouTube videos that are 10 minutes or longer.
20. Focus on the quality of your content. “Don’t worry about the production quality of your videos—especially when you first start creating video content. The quality of your content is more important than the production quality of your videos. Your first priority should be making videos that are both helpful and entertaining for your target audience.
36. Add in-stream call-to-actions and inspire viewers to subscribe. “In April 2017, YouTube changed its policy, and now you are required to have 1000 subscribersto stream live videos. That is why this year we’ll see more live videos than ever before. You can stream interviews or Q&A sessions with users; you can show the ongoings of backstage; tell breaking news, events, etc. Tubularinsights insists that whatever occasion you choose for going live, be sure you rehearse before streaming the whole thing. Besides, live video sessions require beforehand promotion. Otherwise, nobody will see your live video and your efforts will be in vain. Don’t forget to add in-stream call-to-actions, both visual and verbal, thus inspiring viewers to subscribe.” – Donna Moores, What’s New in Marketing on YouTube: Tips You Need to Know for 2018, Socialnomics; Twitter: @socialnomics
I'm Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified and work daily with them resolving AdWords campaign issues. My organic search engine optimization skills, tools, and techniques are strong. My SEO audits can identify work which will be most beneficial to boosting your rankings with the major search engines, and I can offer recommendations to enhance your social media presence. I use industry "best practices" augmented by artificial intelligence models to sculpt your PPC campaign into a profitable asset. Starting with a baseline and keyword research, I can mimic your leading competitors websites and extract the best keywords and paid search ad history to build the foundation to a successful campaign. I can ensure you that my AdWords campaigns will: - Have an optimized ad group structure. - Utilize best practice implementation of extended text ad format - Use bidding strategies that place ads in the proper rank within the top Google ad slots - Utilize geo-targeting - Be Optimized for mobile - Use each and every available ad extension when applicable - Optimize Google Analytics integration for advanced insight on web traffic I am experienced in building new campaigns from the ground up. I can also improve your existing PPC marketing/remarketing campaign, to create enhanced campaign performance with more effective ad spend. If traffic is landing on your site but not completing the goal you've set, I can either tell you why and locate exactly where they are falling off. I can blend Google Analytics (GA) data to your Adwords, and setup Google remarketing campaigns to boost sales from visitors who have left your site. I have developed, and utilize the following specific process for AdWords success: - Identify success metrics and isolate the key performance indicators for your campaign. - For existing, complex campaigns: conduct a thorough baseline campaign analysis. - Carefully determine the best Geo-targeting parameters and methods. - Keyword volume research using the best tools, Wordtracker, Google Analytics, Google - Keyword Tools SpyFU, & SEMRush. - Spider your leading competitors website(s) extracting keywords and ad history. - Structure your PPC ad groups to achieve high Google PPC 'relevancy'. - Write great 'creative ad copy' in my AdWords text ad simulator; review with you. - Set ads up for tracking of goal completions via clicks and calls via Google tracking pixels. - Provide advice on landing page design optimization and A/B testing. - Use smart bidding strategies and creative quality score management. - Develop a strong, campaign-specific negative keyword list. - Once ads are live, enhance CTR's via A/B split testing. - Set up audiences and remarketing, leveraging Google Analytics and Google AdWords data. - Monitor 'search term vs keyword' reports to harvest new keywords and enhance matching. - Configure marketing automation tools for your campaigns. - Make savvy use of analytics, pipeline reports, and enhanced device targeting. New York based and available by phone, text, or Skype.. Get in touch to review your online marketing challenges.
38. Brand your content and videos. “If you are the original creator of the content then you should brand it with your name and logo along with a link to your website. Branding is very important because it gives you the credibility. On top of that, if your videos provide value then tons of visitors will share them with others. In this way, if your video is posted or uploaded elsewhere, you will still get the credit and traffic because of your branding.” – Salman Ahsan, Top Five YouTube Marketing Tips that Work, Mastermind Blogger; Twitter: @MMBlogger
23. Hook non-subscribers with your channel trailer video. “Your channel homepage looks different for subscribers and non-subscribers. Have you adjusted your channel page accordingly? For example, on my channel non-subscribers see the channel trailer video. But subscribers see something different. The trailer is hidden, and instead they see my featured videos.
As it does, you can enter in the video’s basic information, including its name, the video description, the privacy settings, and which playlist you’d like it to appear on. You should also add tags, which helps the video show up in relevant searches. You’ll want to make sure that the video’s text is optimized for SEO; we’ll go over this in the next section.
From the looks of things, YouTube's top-line growth hasn't been hurt much by worries among some companies -- for example, Cisco Systems (CSCO) , which just announced it's halting its YouTube ad spend -- about the running of their ads against content they find to be inappropriate. It also doesn't appear to have been hurt badly by YouTube's attempts to appease such advertisers by "demonetizing" videos that its algorithms deem unsuitable for running ads against, or the backlash such actions have sparked among affected content creators.
For instance, say you are a fitness trainer who provides workout videos. You notice that a prominent traffic source for your channel is people searching for “5-minute workouts”. Using this insight, you could now create an entire playlist of different five-minute workout routines. These videos will be highly searchable, allowing you to meet the existing needs of your audience and grow your viewership.
29. Prioritize the visual appeal of your YouTube channel. “Next, work on the visual appeal of your channel. Describe what the channel is all about and add links to relevant content that you may have shared in websites and other platforms. This makes it easier for visitors who want to check your credentials again or learn what your brand is all about. Do not neglect the margins on the left and right side of your channel. Use them to showcase pictures and other content related to your brand.” – Maryanne Gaitho, How to Make YouTube Your Social Media Marketing Tool, SimpliLearn.com; Twitter: @simplilearn
Listicles: Listicles are a very popular content format, both as blog posts and as media (videos, images, infographics, etc.). You can create listicles that highlight your products or services – like “The 10 most innovative ways you can use (your product)” – or they can be educational, informational, or entertaining. Just remember, the lists should always be relevant to your audiences’ interests and your business niche.
In March 2013, the number of unique users visiting YouTube every month reached 1 billion. In the same year, YouTube continued to reach out to mainstream media, launching YouTube Comedy Week and the YouTube Music Awards. Both events were met with negative to mixed reception. In November 2013, YouTube's own YouTube channel had surpassed Felix Kjellberg's PewDiePie channel to become the most subscribed channel on the website. This was due to auto-suggesting new users to subscribe to the channel upon registration.
As more advertising dollars flow to YouTube, it's making the already hugely profitable Google even more prosperous. On Thursday, Google's corporate parent — Alphabet Inc., based in Mountain View, Calif. — said the company overall earned $5.1 billion, or $7.25 a share in the third quarter, up 27% from the same quarter last year. After subtracting advertising commissions, revenue climbed 21% to $18.3 billion. Both figures beat analyst projections.
There will be two images that you choose. The first will be your account’s picture, which will work similar to Facebook’s profile pictures. The second will be your channel art, which will be displayed at the top of your channel much like Facebook’s cover photo. You need to choose these images wisely, as they’ll be one of the first things that users notice about your brand. In the example below, my account picture is the picture of me, and the flowers are my channel art (please note, this is only an example account).
YouTube uses a cost per view (CPV) model, which means you only pay when someone engages with your video ad. If your ad is skipped, you aren’t charged for that view. The exact cost per click varies varies on keyword competitiveness but on average it’s around $0.06. Once you set your daily campaign budget, YouTube will display your ad until the daily budget is spent.
Nobody likes content interrupted, commercials are at least half of why I stopped watching TV shows on TV. Besides a majority of youtube videos are ~2-5 minutes long, a 30 second ad is too long as a % of total time. Internet ads for video tend to serve the same ad repeatedly which is a big mistake. Our privacy will be sacrificed for targeted ads here too I’m sure.
33. Think of YouTube as a content website. “Do not be too aggressive with marketing on YouTube. If you upload a sales video and wonder why it hasn’t gone viral, it is time to understand that YouTube is a content website. Deliver good content and then ask people to visit your website.” – Deepak Raj, 16 Tips to Boost Your YouTube Marketing Strategy, DailyBlogTips; Twitter: @danielscocco
1. Adopt a mobile-first mindset. “The teens that make up Gen Z had smartphones before their millennial counterparts, and every marketer looking to target this demographic should take a mobile-first approach. By creating and publishing short, fun videos with a high propensity of going viral, marketers can leverage YouTube to target smartphones with pre-roll ads that are related to the content they are searching or watching.” – Steven Pulcinella, ProspectsPLUS! as quoted in 12 Tips to Help Your YouTube Marketing Quickly Click with Generation Z, Forbes; Twitter: @Forbes
“So, use YouTube Analytics to see what videos are successful at keeping viewers watching. Pay close attention to the Watch Time report and Audience Retention report. Keep viewers watching each of your videos by using effective editing techniques to maintain and build interest throughout each video. Then, direct viewers to watch more content by adding end screens to each of your videos. Next, build your subscriber base, because subscribers are your most loyal fans and will be notified of new videos and playlists to watch. Finally, build longer watch-time sessions for your content by using playlists and creating a regular release schedule to encourage viewers to watch sets of your videos instead of just single videos.” – Greg Jarboe, 3 Big YouTube Numbers Video Marketers Need to Care About, Tubular Insights; Twitter: @tubularinsights
I do not think this is how most people use YouTube. YouTube videos are more like blog posts, and fit more effectively into the niche of content marketing. Sure, people will comment—but they do so in a manner similar to how they comment on blog posts. They come to view and digest videos, not necessarily share their thoughts about the day. Because of this, you should approach YouTube as content marketing instead of social media marketing.
I co-create with my clients to help build their brand awareness and story online with creative media creation via graphic design, youtube optimized videos and unique social media campaigns to grow their online audience. Using the elements of internet crafted video editing, graphic design, web design, growth marketing tools & social media management. We support 'positive change makers', shifting to a healthier more sustainable consumerism mentality and a balanced way of life. I am a YouTube marketing consultant, Video Editor, Graphic Designer and social media growth strategist based in Denver, Colorado. I've worked at two of the top YouTube networks, Maker Studios & DanceOn providing channel management, social media organic growth & brand development in Los Angeles. Currently freelancing offering consultant meetings in accordance to agreed social media, general marketing goals, brand development & custom YouTube strategies. I am ambitious, honest, forward thinking and entrepreneurial. I have done video editing for over 18 years and like to create spotlight stories on new and emerging businesses. I have been in the world of new media for the past several years but come from a background in film production. I majored in web design & Interactive media at the Illinois Institute of Art, and have traveled to 37 countries! Always looking to bring innovative & creative ideas to the forefront.
Podcast Editor. Livestream Engineer. Producer for 5 Podcasts that have gotten to top 100 on iTunes charts in 4 different categories (Comedy, Business, Alternative Health, News & Politics). Extremely experienced Livestream Producer for NYC / Tri-State area. HD broadcasts from anywhere! I bring proper audio solutions as well! Can complete a large array of remote video editing tasks. I charge $0 for file transfer time (Really adds up! Great for 4k projects). Creator of the Webcam Video Podcast Studio as seen on Riotcast As of June 2018, I am also now part of the Business Enterprise Upwork Talent Network. Have worked on site with Sirius XM Satellite Radio, Comedy Cellar NYC, Vaynermedia, and many independent creators! Can help with any recordings in Tri-State area. Want to do a real web show? Make a skype / zoom call into my studio, & I'll take care of the rest! I'll cue up music, graphics, overlays, videos, and be your live show producer (I'll be your Rip Torn) Book your weekly slot NOW! Podcast + YouTube producer for over 5 years. I am best known for my work on comedy podcasts like the Chip Chipperson Podacast (actual spelling), Robert Kelly's You Know What Dude (YKWD), The Comedy Cellar Podcast, and many shows aired on Sirius XM Raw Dog 99 and on the Riotcast Network. Also recently produced a six-part podcast miniseries about e-commerce sponsored by Shopify and Vaynermedia (check my portfolio for the results). I am also an expert in the field of live streams. (I consult for many performers, as well as build studios for them). A knowledge and ability to take a concept and turn it into a variety of finished products, including Podcasts, Livestreams, and Social Video. I can help you with -Setting Up Your RSS Feed I will set up all your desired destinations for a flat fee of $200 (plus upwork markup). Google Play, Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud, etc. It's a multi-day process and requires skills in multiple disciplines like image editing and RSS code interpretation. -World Class Podcast Editing Services: You send us your RAW audio files. We take care of the rest. My production house establishes a sound and editing template that works for you and your target audience. We optimize dialogue audio, incorporate great sounding music, and splice in your desired intro / outro / advertisements in accordance with modern podcast standards. We send back the finalized product and allow a chance for revision for minor edits that have to be made. Our editors can even upload to a desired distributor and send the episode info for you! We are a small company and can afford to charge the lowest rates. -Running Your YouTube Channel -Creating your Youtube Intro Video Slate -Bringing years of experience in video streaming production services. We help clients make their vision a possibility. Our workflow is lean to keep budgets low. And our content is competitive in the video marketplace. Assistance with Video Editing, Audio Editing, writing SEO Titles and Tags, writing Descriptions, making Subtitles, writing scripts and even pitching ideas. Deepu, R2Deepu, Amardeep Gill, Gill, @R2Deepu
Using YouTube should be an important part of your content marketing campaign. If you’re just starting your business, creating a credible and professional brand is vital to staying relevant. You’ll need to come up with great content ideas, and of course, have an excellent logo designed. Need to learn how to create a logo for your YouTube channel? Logaster has prepared a great logo design guide to get you started.
21. Focus on stories instead of sales. “Before the rise of social media, if you wanted someone to see an advert, you had to rent space within a popular media channel like TV or print. On social platforms, brands can reach the exact same audience directly. This means that branded content (advertising) competes with entertainment, rather than interrupting it.
NGDATA® helps brands in data-rich industries such as financial services, telecom, media/entertainment, utilities & hospitality, to capitalize on emerging opportunities in their customer data and to drive profitable customer experiences by supercharging analytics and campaign efficiency. The company’s Intelligent Customer Data Platform (CDP) puts people at the center of every business via Customer DNA, which continuously learns from customer behavior and context in real-time. NGDATA partners with companies around the world, including Belfius Bank, Innogy & Telenet, to drive digital transformations. NGDATA is headquartered in Gent, Belgium and has offices in the United States, Europe & Asia-Pacific.
Just ask Justine Ezarik (a.k.a. iJustine), an L.A.-based creator with 3.7 million YouTube subscribers on her channel, and with more than 630 million views on her videos. “Essentially, I’m a content creator who gets to talk about everything that I love – namely, cooking, tech, travel, and video games,” explains Ezarik in a telephone interview with USA TODAY. “YouTube is an extension of myself.”
While you’re on the quest to find and attract new customers and leads, don’t forget about the ones you already have. Share your video content and channel with relevant email lists. Encourage your contacts to check out a blog post you’ve embedded a video in to increase both the video and website traffic or direct them to a relevant playlist you’ve curated. Sending an email newsletter with valuable information and content is a great way to keep your contacts engaged.
18. Find the right influencers. “It is the age of digital celebrities; or as they are called – Influencers. These are the people who get people to not just think about your brand, but also buy from you! Unlike the traditional celebrities, these digital stars still work their regular jobs and do regular stuff that their followers can relate to. They have a dedicated audience unlike movie stars or celebs who have a large but detached fan base. Also, brand endorsements seem like a natural fit in their content because the sole purpose of their online presence is to share their life with their fans. Measurement of the ROI for such influencer campaigns is also easier when compared to a celebrity endorsement.” – Aravinda Holla, How Brands Can Easily Analyze the YouTube Stats of Any Video Creator, Vidooly; Twitter: @vidoolydotcom