4. Connect with your audience by telling a story. “Video content is a powerful way to tell your story. Not only do consumers develop more emotional connections with video thanks to the sound, motion, and visuals, but they also are more likely to engage with a video to the end (and see and hear your entire message) than they are to read content. When done correctly, video content marketing makes significant impacts on your audience and gives you an ideal platform for testing your promotional campaigns and content efforts.” – Amy Cross, 4 Video Content Marketing Tips: Storytelling, Personalization, and More, NGDATA; Twitter: @ngdata_com
50. Use tools available through YouTube. “Start by using the tools available directly through YouTube. For example, provide a detailed and accurate title and description to each of your videos, and associate tags (keywords) that are directly relevant.” – Jason R. Rich, 12 Strategies for Promoting Your YouTube Videos, Entrepreneur; Twitter: @Entrepreneur
If you know how to manage your YouTube channels, you can actually earn more revenues. You see; videos that are being watched more often can be used as an advertising tool and YouTube actually pays the subscribers that get a lot of hits on their videos. How to get money from YouTube might fall on a different topic but at this point, we just want to stress out the importance of creating high quality and interesting videos.
Once you’ve established the goal for your video, it’s time to put on your creativity hat and start working on your storyboard. A storyboard is like a blueprint for your video and serves as an outline for the shoot. You’ve probably even seen one before. Storyboards look a bit like comic strips and include rough sketches of different scenes paired with short descriptive information about the scene, camera position and motion, and dialogue. They vary in the level of detail included, but your storyboard should, at the very least, include:
Market your YouTube channel and videos on your website and blog. First, add a YouTube follow icon to your website and blog so your audience can easily find your channel. Second, embed relevant videos on your website or in blog posts. Consider creating a YouTube video to accompany a specific blog post or sharing customer video reviews or case studies on your website. Not only will this help market your YouTube channel and videos, it will also drive traffic to your website.
16. Create usable, valuable content. “First and foremost, a YouTube video should serve a purpose and give consumers a reason to visit your channel. Instead of trying to create the next viral video, focus on what type of information your clients are looking for and provide that information in an interesting and valuable way. The Home Depot’s You Tube page is a great example of crafting video content that their audience is looking for. The company’s channel is packed full of how to videos that cater to their consumer’s do it yourself attitude. Remember, your You Tube Channel is a great educational tool and one that can provide your target customer with valuable information and establish a lasting relationship with your organization.” – Payden Sewell, YouTube Marketing Tips, Full Media; Twitter: @fullmedia
From the looks of things, YouTube's top-line growth hasn't been hurt much by worries among some companies -- for example, Cisco Systems (CSCO) , which just announced it's halting its YouTube ad spend -- about the running of their ads against content they find to be inappropriate. It also doesn't appear to have been hurt badly by YouTube's attempts to appease such advertisers by "demonetizing" videos that its algorithms deem unsuitable for running ads against, or the backlash such actions have sparked among affected content creators.
The YouTube interface suggests which local version should be chosen on the basis of the IP address of the user. In some cases, the message "This video is not available in your country" may appear because of copyright restrictions or inappropriate content. The interface of the YouTube website is available in 76 language versions, including Amharic, Albanian, Armenian, Bengali, Burmese, Khmer, Kyrgyz, Laotian, Mongolian, Persian and Uzbek, which do not have local channel versions. Access to YouTube was blocked in Turkey between 2008 and 2010, following controversy over the posting of videos deemed insulting to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and some material offensive to Muslims. In October 2012, a local version of YouTube was launched in Turkey, with the domain youtube.com.tr. The local version is subject to the content regulations found in Turkish law. In March 2009, a dispute between YouTube and the British royalty collection agency PRS for Music led to premium music videos being blocked for YouTube users in the United Kingdom. The removal of videos posted by the major record companies occurred after failure to reach agreement on a licensing deal. The dispute was resolved in September 2009. In April 2009, a similar dispute led to the removal of premium music videos for users in Germany.
34. Treat videos like blog posts. “Don’t waste the opportunities to drive traffic to your YouTube channel through other social media platforms. Think of it as you would a blog post. The more nurturing it gets from all of your social activities, the more traffic it will get. So tweet it, blog about it, post it on Facebook, and promote it through your email newsletters.” – Six Tips for Using YouTube for B2B Marketing, Bluetext; Twitter: @bluetext
YouTube ads provided a big percentage of the Segarses’ income during those early days, and worked well with their content. “Our workouts require strategically placed water breaks, which easily lends itself to monetization/ads that aren’t intrusive to the user experience,” says Segars. “People even joke about how relieved they are to see ads and get a quick minute to catch their breath.” Meanwhile, that revenue allowed them to adopt a no-sponsor policy. “It has cut out a lot of monetization opportunities, but our audience is well aware of our stance and appreciates it,” Segars continues. “We think that trust is an important part of building a brand.” As a result, they’ve roped in a loyal audience that’s now willing to pay for a variety of workout programs and meal plans for sale on the Fitness Blender website.
A good way to manage your account is to use a tool to help automate the process. Agorapulse lets you pre-moderate your comments, check and respond to comments from your dashboard’s social inbox (which you can do as part of a team + you can assign tasks), as well as monitor YouTube for mentions of your brand in videos and comments. Other useful management features include saved replies (to respond to comments with a few clicks) and a social CRM tool to help keep track of your subscribers and connections.
Plus, the money you’ll make as a result of these monetization options isn’t exactly going to be sending you into early retirement. You might make something like $1 per 1,000 views, and you can’t even get paid until you hit the $100 mark. For most businesses, this takes ages. Many find that it’s not worth the risk of losing viewers for pennies of potential profit.
In order to truly succeed on YouTube, you need to approach it differently than other social platforms. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter revolve around both creating and sharing great content with the goal of creating awareness, engagement, and conversation. (That’s a simple definition, but for the purpose of this argument, it will work for now). It’s about actually socializing.
There are many options for editing tools and software. Depending on your operating system, your computer may come with free editing software such as iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. These programs provide basic editing tools, like the ability to cut clips together, add titles, and add limited effects and color correction. There are also higher end, more expensive options such as Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premier CC, which offer an array of editing tools. YouTube even has its own online editing platform you can use to compile your clips and edit together your video.
I have over 10 years of experience editing videos and creating YouTube videos. I have the knowledge of what it takes to produce and edit successful videos for YouTube. I believe that in the upcoming years, online media and marketing is going to be key to a successful business model. I have experience in video editing in various programs, but most of my experience is with Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere. I run a gaming YouTube channel and have created many tutorials over the years to be generate over 2.5 millions views. Graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication/Journalism and am looking for some part-time work editing videos.
Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.
Show you love your content: You need to be creating videos about something you love. Having a passion for your videos will make an affect on how they're received - if you seem interested, chances are your viewers will be too. If you don't love what you're doing you'll soon get bored and the videos will start to reflect that. Passion comes first, and the money comes second!
In early May, Amazon announced a new service initially designed for "professional video producers." Launch partners include media firm Conde Nast, the "How Stuff Works" website and Samuel Goldwyn Films. Amazon Video Direct could compete for the young creative talent attracted to YouTube. As does YouTube, Amazon offers revenue-sharing and royalties for content that attracts a certain level of traffic.
There are other views in the debate that agree with Tapscott and Williams that it is increasingly based on harnessing open source/content, networking, sharing, and peering, but they argue that the result is not an economic democracy, but a subtle form and deepening of exploitation, in which labour costs are reduced by Internet-based global outsourcing.
Have you ever watched a YouTube star’s video and thought, I could’ve done that? Me neither. Out of all the influencer platforms, YouTube strikes me as the most intimidating. But it can also be the most lucrative, with top YouTubers earning well into the six figures from advertising revenue alone. And this pie is only getting expanding: YouTube recently reported that the number of users earning over $100,000 on the platform has increased by more than 40 percent annually; currently, 75 percent more channels have surpassed a million subscribers versus last year.
When marketing on YouTube, it’s important to recognize and consider your audience’s stage in the buying process. Some marketers try to cold-sell to customers and prospects who might be interested in their products. The problem is that people who find your videos on YouTube are usually in the discovery stage and aren’t ready to commit to a purchase.
"Commodified Internet spaces are always profit-oriented, but the goods they provide are not necessarily exchange-value and market-oriented; in some cases (such as Google, Yahoo, MySpace, YouTube, Netscape), free goods or platforms are provided as gifts in order to drive up the number of users so that high advertisement rates can be charged in order to achieve profit.":181
You don’t need expensive hardware to get going. Content is far more important than having 4K or 360-degree video. Great quality helps, but today’s smartphones are more than good enough to start with. That said, good lighting is very important: natural is great, if you can be outdoors, or near a window, or pick up some lighting kits that start at a couple of hundred dollars. Clear audio is critical, too; you can buy a highly-rated clip-on lavalier (“lav”) mic starting at only $23.
On October 9, 2006, it was announced that the company would be purchased by Google for US$1.65 billion in stock, which was completed on November 13. At that time it was Google's second-largest acquisition. The agreement between Google and YouTube came after YouTube presented three agreements with media companies in an attempt to avoid copyright-infringement lawsuits. YouTube planned to continue operating independently, with its co-founders and 68 employees working within Google.
Certified in Google AdWords specializing in search, display and mobile advertising. Thorough knowledge of e-mail marketing & automation. Graphic design skills and knowledge of all Adobe programs. Experience in print, video, audio and digital advertising/marketing for over 5 years. Past and current jobs have provided me with the skills to become an all in one marketing maverick. With experience on both the creative and account side at a Manhattan advertising agency, I excel at creating a marketing strategy, creating the artwork, executing the strategy/campaign and providing detailed analysis when all is finished. I am certified in Google AdWords Fundamentals, Search & Mobile advertising along with proficiency as a Facebook Ads Manager, Social Media Manager for LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram. I also maintain knowledge of Adobe Programs such as, Indesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Dreamweaver, and with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially in Publisher & Excel.
The part in italics is what will show as the title on YouTube. You see that I leave a cliffhanger that will make people want to click. I also put in the keywords search engine optimization and SEO in there to make it clear what the video is about. I’d then put the Google logo in the thumbnail to catch the eye and make sure people know it’s about Google SEO.
5. Sell products or services to viewers: If you have merchandise or offer a service that’s relevant to your audience, let them know about it and provide links in your videos. For example, comedian Jenna Mourey, more commonly known by her YouTube name Jenna Marbles, sells T-shirts and posters featuring one of her dogs. Selling a physical product might require you to buy materials or find a manufacturer, but you can also sell downloadables such as e-books or art prints. Have a secure payment system in place before you advertise your goods.
36. Add in-stream call-to-actions and inspire viewers to subscribe. “In April 2017, YouTube changed its policy, and now you are required to have 1000 subscribersto stream live videos. That is why this year we’ll see more live videos than ever before. You can stream interviews or Q&A sessions with users; you can show the ongoings of backstage; tell breaking news, events, etc. Tubularinsights insists that whatever occasion you choose for going live, be sure you rehearse before streaming the whole thing. Besides, live video sessions require beforehand promotion. Otherwise, nobody will see your live video and your efforts will be in vain. Don’t forget to add in-stream call-to-actions, both visual and verbal, thus inspiring viewers to subscribe.” – Donna Moores, What’s New in Marketing on YouTube: Tips You Need to Know for 2018, Socialnomics; Twitter: @socialnomics
Eric Sachs, SEO virtuoso and CEO @Sachs Marketing Group gives some great ideas on how to make your content more interactive. It allows you to create a two-way conversation with your viewers. Since YouTube discontinued their annotations tool (which did not work on mobile), it replaced it with end screen and cards because of the mobile-first approach.
22. Follow relevant creators. “This YouTube tip is a bit out-of-the-box strategy. Think creative. Do wonders. Everyone sees all the available options on the platform and everywhere gets different results. One of the reasons for that difference is that people who work harder and think out-of-the-box get better results. Speaking of which, this strategy of ‘following relevant creators’ will help guide you to get engaged with the relevant audience, and ultimately you will meet a share of their audience. This is how people grow their YouTube Channels. YouTube Collaboration is a vital growth trend that YouTubers adopt, but this happens when you have some followers base and others (you’re collaborating) have some audience too. But, once you start relevant content creators on YouTube, they will notice you and maybe, the process of communication begins from there.” – Ali Raza, 10 YouTube Tips for Video Marketing, Ali Raza
Finally, leverage your YouTube reputation and attract live speaking engagements. If the YouTube channel you produce is focused on a specific niche or audience, do some research about annual conferences or other industry events that have keynote speakers. Then, utilize your YouTube statistics and some of your best clips, to put together a package and pitch to the directors of these events.
Please ask about Google AdWords Management... Thank you for your time and consideration. With over 12 years’ experience creating with WordPress, I specialize in Starter, Themed, Custom and eCommerce website design. Naturally WordPress plugins have become a specialty as well. I decided to focus on my real passion, helping people reach their personal and business goals through WordPress. As a Freelance Web Design Professional, I have worked with businesses in different niches around the globe. I have received great satisfaction working with my clients on both a personal and business level to see their projects come to fruition. I enjoy the challenges that web design brings to me and understand the importance of producing quality work in a timely manner. Google AdWords Management. It’s all about your goals. Whether you would like to increase calls, customer volume or drive organizational outreach programs, we will work closely with you to design and deliver the right approach. Our team of certified professionals will ensure that we continue to improve your campaign performance, day after day, week after week, month after month. Our collaboration with you and people on your team attracts more new customer traffic and promotes the value of the products, services and knowledge you provide. Every account we manage: - Gets regular hands on optimization – we never set and forget. - Is stringently tested using advanced statistical analysis. - Has remarketing campaigns as standard – because they work. Thank you, Johnnie J. O'Dell Jr.
Friends, coworkers, and even family can be great resources here for finding the locations you need. Keep in mind that for some locations, like businesses and other private property, you will need permission from the owner to film. To keep things simple, it’s best to find your locations through people you know -- at least for your first few productions.