30. Promote your videos on social media. “With social media becoming even more readily accessible and popular all the time it is becoming more significant for business to have their own online profiles. If you don’t already have your own profiles, setting up your profiles now will greatly benefit you. You can find out how to set up your Facebook and Twitter Pages here and here through our easy step-by-step guides. The main social media channels that could benefit your video success are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.” – Laura Morris-Richardson, 5 Video Marketing Tips: How to Promote Your YouTube Videos, JDR Group; Twitter: @JDRGroupDerby
YouTube has a library of free sound effects and music to use in your videos. Some other great resources for royalty free music are Pond5, Epidemic Sound, and PremiumBeat. Both services include thousands of professionally recorded and produced songs in a multitude of genres at varying lengths and tempos. PremiumBeat and Pond5 both include a large library of sound effects to add texture and depth to your videos. Sometimes, it only takes a subtle sound effect layer in the background of a scene to elevate the production quality of your video and really pull your audience into the story.
Starting in May 2017, YouTube will no longer allow users to add annotations to their videos. Instead, they are encouraging users to incorporate cards and end screens in their videos to poll viewers, link to external sites, or direct people to other videos. Thankfully, cards and end screens are as easy to add as annotations. Cards are small, rectangular notifications that appear in the top, right-hand corner of both desktop and mobile screens. You can include up to five cards per video, but if you’re including multiple cards, be sure to space them out evenly to give viewers time to take the desired action.
6. Meet up with fans in the real world: Meetups and similar events let YouTubers connect with viewers and sell merchandise. They’re usually best suited to those with active and engaged subscribers. Those with smaller audiences might want to skip ticketed events and bank on merchandise sales instead. Or if, for example, your videos teach viewers how to draw, you could set up a free class at a local park and sell your book of drawing techniques afterward.
13. Build traffic to your site. “Add links to your Social Media profiles and websites into your description area of your video. This will help people find you no matter how many views your video gets. Let them know how they can see similar videos of interest from you.” – Chris N. West, These 17 Marketing Tips Will Get You the Best Results from YouTube, ChrisNWest.com; Twitter: @ChrisNWest
19. Focus on entertaining instead of advertising. “If you want to advertise on YouTube, it’s best to pay via AdWords and have your advertisement promoted across the platform to relevant demographics. However, when you’re uploading videos via your own YouTube channel, stick to entertainment rather than advertising. Keep in mind how video is important in the buying cycle.
The results reflect YouTube’s struggles to expand its core audience beyond teens and tweens. Many YouTube users treat the site as a video repository to be accessed from links or embedded video players posted elsewhere, rather than visiting YouTube.com daily. Google executives want them to turn on YouTube the way they turn on television, as a habit, where they can expect to find different “channels” of entertainment.
Optimize the watching experience — Improve your search presence and connect with your audience by using optimization tactics for your videos. This includes uploading Featured Content for current subscribers or a Channel Trailer for visitors. You could also curate your videos into appropriate playlists. This will organize your content and encourage viewers to continue watching.
I have over 10 years of experience editing videos and creating YouTube videos. I have the knowledge of what it takes to produce and edit successful videos for YouTube. I believe that in the upcoming years, online media and marketing is going to be key to a successful business model. I have experience in video editing in various programs, but most of my experience is with Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere. I run a gaming YouTube channel and have created many tutorials over the years to be generate over 2.5 millions views. Graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication/Journalism and am looking for some part-time work editing videos.
For people who dream of making money on YouTube, there are lots of online celebrities and channels to aspire to imitate. There's makeup superstar James Charles, who became the first male CoverGirl model. Liza Koshy's fame on Vine and then YouTube has led to traditional film and TV gigs, including a role in a Tyler Perry film. Even pop star Justin Bieber got his start on YouTube. According to YouTube, the number of channels that earned five figures or more grew by more than 50 percent from July 2017 to July 2018. Channels earning six figures per year increased by 40 percent.
22. Follow relevant creators. “This YouTube tip is a bit out-of-the-box strategy. Think creative. Do wonders. Everyone sees all the available options on the platform and everywhere gets different results. One of the reasons for that difference is that people who work harder and think out-of-the-box get better results. Speaking of which, this strategy of ‘following relevant creators’ will help guide you to get engaged with the relevant audience, and ultimately you will meet a share of their audience. This is how people grow their YouTube Channels. YouTube Collaboration is a vital growth trend that YouTubers adopt, but this happens when you have some followers base and others (you’re collaborating) have some audience too. But, once you start relevant content creators on YouTube, they will notice you and maybe, the process of communication begins from there.” – Ali Raza, 10 YouTube Tips for Video Marketing, Ali Raza
Now that your YouTube channel is up and running, let’s talk about search. Remember how we mentioned that YouTube is the second largest search engine? While creating engaging content is a must, it’s not the only factor for success. There are several things you can do to optimize your videos to rank highly on both YouTube and in Google search results.