A good way to manage your account is to use a tool to help automate the process. Agorapulse lets you pre-moderate your comments, check and respond to comments from your dashboard’s social inbox (which you can do as part of a team + you can assign tasks), as well as monitor YouTube for mentions of your brand in videos and comments. Other useful management features include saved replies (to respond to comments with a few clicks) and a social CRM tool to help keep track of your subscribers and connections.
25. Market your videos. “This is the piece most people forget about! Remember what I always say – You cannot just build it and they will come. You need to market ‘it’ too, no matter what ‘it’ is. Create social media posts to send people to the videos. Tell people about them – this is how you will build those views! It is the NOT MISS tasks in your marketing of these videos.
45. Optimize your videos and playlists for watch time. “Industry expert Mark Robertson confirmed that since October 2012, YouTube’s algorithm has prioritized videos that lead to longer overall watch time or viewing sessions, rather than videos that get more views. So, if viewers watch your videos – and suggested videos – beyond the first view, then your videos are more likely to be ranked highly in YouTube’s search results and related videos.
Brooke was exceptional to work with. She presented the material in an extremely organized and well documented manner. We were looking for a roadmap to help us navigate our way through Youtube, and Brooke gave us that and so much more. Because of her research and thorough understanding of our needs, we walked away with an invaluable resource. KNOWLEDGE! I'd highly recommend her to anybody!
In this video Sean Cannell from Think Media shares tips how to grow your youtube channel and advice on how to grow your youtube channel fast. If you are wondering how to grow your youtube channel fast in 2018 and you want to grow your youtube channel, check out this video. People wonder how to make your youtube channel grow faster and that is hard to do without a youtube channel growth strategy. So check out these youtube channel growth tips for 2018!
How does a video streaming service with one billion active users per month and $4 billion in revenue not turn a profit? Ask YouTube, which couldn't break free from breaking even in 2014, according to a new report. Sources tell the Wall Street Journal that Google's video unit posted $4 billion in revenue last year, up from $3 billion in 2013, and that while the service accounted for 6 percent of Google's overall sales, it contributed nothing to earnings.
Are you creating videos around a few specific themes? Playlists might be the perfect tool for you! Playlists allow you to curate a collection of videos from both your channel and other channels. Not only do playlists help to organize your channel and encourage viewers to continue watching similar content, they also show up separately in search results. Creating playlists provide you with more discoverable content.
I wanted to find a course that would help me market my business. I chose this course and feel that it has been very worthwhile and informative. It's very clear and engaging. I can successfully say now that I have generated a tremendous amount of new business just by enrolling on this course and being taught how to generate 1,000,000 views. Thanks so much! I would recommend this course to all businesses.
“Fun and informative content will be shared above traditional advertising. Since you’re going to all that trouble to lure people to your page, make sure the content on your page is light and informative. This will increase the chance of them interacting (comments, likes) and sharing your videos.” – Adam Rowles, 8 YouTube Tips for Business Marketing, Business 2 Community; Twitter: @B2Community
“But don’t be fooled into thinking that improving your watch time is as simple as creating longer videos. A 30-second video that people watch from beginning to end will rank better than a 10-minute video that only gets watched for a couple of minutes. In the end, the best way to boost watch time is to produce videos you audience wants to watch.” – Ric Mazereeuw, How Does the youTube Algorithm Work? A Guide to Getting More Views, Hootsuite; Twitter: @hootsuite
It’s essential to practice inbound marketing techniques when marketing your YouTube channel and videos. Create content that shares an interesting story and provides your viewers with valuable information. Market that content across different platforms, including social, email, and your company blog or website. Optimize your content by including cards and end screens with clear CTAs.
37. Add a shareable element in your video. “Now, this is extremely important and useful. If you’re seeking large and diverse traffic on your videos, you must create videos that are shareable. You can try and make your videos entertaining, educational or catchy. Viewers are more likely to share videos with these characteristics with their friends and family.” – Best Ways to Promote YouTube Videos for Higher Traffic, Times Square Chronicles; Twitter: @T2Conline
9. Know your audience. “Your audience has needs, and no two audiences are alike. This group of people that have started to follow your content, these are individuals that are interested in what you have to say. You need to be able to give them what they came for, while also being able to stay true to your brand. Finding that healthy balance between what your brand needs and what the audience wants is key to maximizing how you market your content. By using YouTube as a social media marketing tool, you’re connecting with the people who support you, while also growing your brand.” – Stevan McGrath, The 7 Key Ways to Be Successful on YouTube, BestTechie; Twitter: @besttechie
Listicles: Listicles are a very popular content format, both as blog posts and as media (videos, images, infographics, etc.). You can create listicles that highlight your products or services – like “The 10 most innovative ways you can use (your product)” – or they can be educational, informational, or entertaining. Just remember, the lists should always be relevant to your audiences’ interests and your business niche.
After all that prep work, it’s finally time to start filming your video. Don’t own a fancy camera or have budget to rent one? Don’t worry! Advances in smartphone cameras have made it possible to film great content with just a phone. If you are filming your video with a phone, be sure to turn it sideways and film in landscape mode. This will prevent awkward cropping or framing when you upload the video to YouTube, which natively supports the landscape format. No matter what you’re filming with, these tips can help your video to look professional and stay engaging for your viewers.
Just ask Justine Ezarik (a.k.a. iJustine), an L.A.-based creator with 3.7 million YouTube subscribers on her channel, and with more than 630 million views on her videos. “Essentially, I’m a content creator who gets to talk about everything that I love – namely, cooking, tech, travel, and video games,” explains Ezarik in a telephone interview with USA TODAY. “YouTube is an extension of myself.”
"Whether your business is closer to Boeing or P&G, or more like YouTube or flickr, there are vast pools of external talent that you can tap with the right approach. Companies that adopt these models can drive important changes in their industries and rewrite the rules of competition":270 "new business models for open content will not come from traditional media establishments, but from companies such as Google, Yahoo, and YouTube. This new generation of companies is not burned by the legacies that inhibit the publishing incumbents, so they can be much more agile in responding to customer demands. More important, they understand that you don't need to control the quantity and destiny of bits if they can provide compelling venues in which people build communities around sharing and remixing content. Free content is just the lure on which they layer revenue from advertising and premium services".:271sq
6. Meet up with fans in the real world: Meetups and similar events let YouTubers connect with viewers and sell merchandise. They’re usually best suited to those with active and engaged subscribers. Those with smaller audiences might want to skip ticketed events and bank on merchandise sales instead. Or if, for example, your videos teach viewers how to draw, you could set up a free class at a local park and sell your book of drawing techniques afterward.
You’ve determined your goal, created a storyboard, and decided on the ideal video length needed to deliver your message. Now it’s time to find your filming locations. In the film industry, this step is called location scouting, and like every other step in this process, it’s an important part of creating a compelling video. To get started, take a look at your storyboard, and create a list of the different locations each scene requires. Depending on your video concept, you may only need one location or you may need a new location for each scene.