Your video thumbnail will be the main image viewers see when scrolling through a list of video results, and it can have a large impact of the amount of clicks to and views your video receives. YouTube will auto-generate a few thumbnail options for your video, but we highly recommend uploading a custom thumbnail. YouTube reports that “90% of the best performing videos on YouTube have custom thumbnails.” When filming, think of high-quality shots that accurately represent your video. YouTube recommends using a 1280 x 720 px image to ensure that your thumbnail looks great on all screen sizes.
“The first step is to research the keywords and phrases that your target audience would use. To be certain that you appeal to the right people, you should identify the most searched long-tail keywords that are relevant to your content. After discovering these, you should include them in all of the places that are relevant to the audience and to the search engines.” – Ray Singca, 5 Video Marketing Tips for YouTube Content, Swat.io; Twitter: @swat_io
5. Sell products or services to viewers: If you have merchandise or offer a service that’s relevant to your audience, let them know about it and provide links in your videos. For example, comedian Jenna Mourey, more commonly known by her YouTube name Jenna Marbles, sells T-shirts and posters featuring one of her dogs. Selling a physical product might require you to buy materials or find a manufacturer, but you can also sell downloadables such as e-books or art prints. Have a secure payment system in place before you advertise your goods.
If you know how to manage your YouTube channels, you can actually earn more revenues. You see; videos that are being watched more often can be used as an advertising tool and YouTube actually pays the subscribers that get a lot of hits on their videos. How to get money from YouTube might fall on a different topic but at this point, we just want to stress out the importance of creating high quality and interesting videos.
YouTube began as an angel-funded enterprise working from a makeshift office in a garage. In November 2005, venture firm Sequoia Capital invested an initial $3.5 million, and Roelof Botha (a partner of the firm and former CFO of PayPal) joined the YouTube board of directors. In April 2006, Sequoia and Artis Capital Management invested an additional $8 million in the company, which had experienced significant growth in its first few months.
Flesh out your topics and start creating fresh content on a regular basis. Just tap record on the camera, and talk. Be natural. You’ll also get better at hosting these segments as time goes on. If your videos require other people and/or editing, find some friends who can help pro bono. With videos ranging from five to 35 minutes, Ezarik says she spends more time editing than shooting, but is starting to enlist some help to free up her time.
50. Use tools available through YouTube. “Start by using the tools available directly through YouTube. For example, provide a detailed and accurate title and description to each of your videos, and associate tags (keywords) that are directly relevant.” – Jason R. Rich, 12 Strategies for Promoting Your YouTube Videos, Entrepreneur; Twitter: @Entrepreneur
Whether you’re new to YouTube video marketing or looking for ways to improve your efforts, you will benefit from tips for engaging your audience, perfecting your strategy, and using the platform as effectively as possible. We’ve collected 50 YouTube video marketing tips from marketing leaders, video experts, social media aficionados, and other authorities in the field to help you in your quest to create engaging videos and increase your traffic, gain YouTube channel subscribers, and ultimately boost revenue. To help you find the tips you need most, we have categorized them and then alphabetized the tips within each category; thus, our 50 expert YouTube marketing tips are not ranked or rated in any way.
Hello & Welcome! I have over 15 years of professional online marketing experience, from Wordpress SEO, Youtube Marketing, Facebook Ads & more. I have helped to create marketing solutions for national companies, and have personally built many multi-million dollar businesses. Here are a few of my areas that I specialize in... * WordPress Websites and Blogs, Organic SEO, Content Writing * Medical Spa, Medspa, Dental & Healthcare Marketing * Local, National & Global Marketing for Retail & Service Businesses If you need professional marketing help, I'm your guy. Please see my Portfolio for recent examples of my work. Thank you, S. Matt Tyler
Apply to join the YouTube Partner Program when you feel confident in the interest and following your videos have garnered. There is no set following numbers needed to become a partner, but YouTube must see that your videos have interest and are growing a following before you're accepted. Sometimes YouTube will contact you directly about becoming a partner, especially if your videos have gone viral quickly. If not, you can apply on the YouTube partner page by entering personal information, describing a marketing plan, and defining your video genre.
1. Adopt a mobile-first mindset. “The teens that make up Gen Z had smartphones before their millennial counterparts, and every marketer looking to target this demographic should take a mobile-first approach. By creating and publishing short, fun videos with a high propensity of going viral, marketers can leverage YouTube to target smartphones with pre-roll ads that are related to the content they are searching or watching.” – Steven Pulcinella, ProspectsPLUS! as quoted in 12 Tips to Help Your YouTube Marketing Quickly Click with Generation Z, Forbes; Twitter: @Forbes
In 2017, YouTube is predicted to evolve even further, making more changes that will benefit companies who incorporate it into their social media and video marketing strategies. From added profile and socialization features for better audience connection to exploring long-form, television style content, YouTube is expected to make some major upgrades this year.
36. Add in-stream call-to-actions and inspire viewers to subscribe. “In April 2017, YouTube changed its policy, and now you are required to have 1000 subscribersto stream live videos. That is why this year we’ll see more live videos than ever before. You can stream interviews or Q&A sessions with users; you can show the ongoings of backstage; tell breaking news, events, etc. Tubularinsights insists that whatever occasion you choose for going live, be sure you rehearse before streaming the whole thing. Besides, live video sessions require beforehand promotion. Otherwise, nobody will see your live video and your efforts will be in vain. Don’t forget to add in-stream call-to-actions, both visual and verbal, thus inspiring viewers to subscribe.” – Donna Moores, What’s New in Marketing on YouTube: Tips You Need to Know for 2018, Socialnomics; Twitter: @socialnomics
Where eyeballs go, money follows. “People giving up TV and getting video content through mobile devices is a huge trend, and brands are spending huge amounts to reach those audiences,” says Evan Asano, the CEO of MediaKix, an influencer marketing agency. “It’s a similar, if not bigger market for influencers than Instagram.” Another reason brands love YouTube is that its numbers are harder to fake. “You can buy views on YouTube, but it’s much more expensive than buying followers and likes on Instagram,” Asano says. “It’s pretty cost-prohibitive to drastically inflate a channel’s views on a consistent basis.”
25. Market your videos. “This is the piece most people forget about! Remember what I always say – You cannot just build it and they will come. You need to market ‘it’ too, no matter what ‘it’ is. Create social media posts to send people to the videos. Tell people about them – this is how you will build those views! It is the NOT MISS tasks in your marketing of these videos.
YouTube, just like marketing, is evolving. What once used to be a platform for amateur videographers is now more than one billion active users strong. Marketers are learning that YouTube is a powerful tool; in fact, the 2017 State of Inbound report shows that 48% of all marketers plan to add YouTube as a content distribution channel in the next 12 months. Video isn’t just a passing trend, either: nearly 87% of marketers use video for content marketing campaigns, and Cisco predicts that 80% of all internet traffic will be streaming videos by 2019. The need for marketers to use video to reach their audiences is more critical now than ever before.
Because of the time you're allotted with this ad format, it's suggested that you create this type of ad with the goal of views and brand development, rather than just clicks into your website. This ad ideally generates revenue from the long-term brand awareness that comes out of a story people don't want to skip, and one viewers remember the next time they approach your product or service.
This YouTube Money Calculator provides a glimpse into what a user could make with YouTube by estimating a commonly accepted CPM range based off of the average amount of views you insert down below. We take it one step further to provide users with various settings, allowing them to customize the experience. Please remember that these figures are Youtube Estimated Earnings, as there are many mitigating factors which decide what your overall CPM will be.
While not directly related to YouTube, you can use your YouTube platform to build up a following and reputation, and eventually direct your viewers to other paid platforms, like Yondo. This platform allows you to create your own kind of video store, where you can sell special videos (either on a subscription basis or pay-per-view). And, the best part? You can set your own price.
YouTube will only show the first two to three lines (about 100 characters) of your video’s description, then viewers will need to click “show more” to see the rest. For that reason, be sure to include any important links or CTAs in the beginning of your description, and write the copy so it drives views and engagement. Below this, you can include the video transcript. Video transcripts can greatly improve your SEO because your video is usually full of keywords. You can also add a default channel description that includes links to your social channels, video credits, and video specific time stamps. You can also include #hashtags in your video titles and descriptions -- just be sure to use them sparingly.