Morgan Stanley told clients Feb. 5 that more disclosure about YouTube, as well as the smaller businesses lumped together on its balance sheet as “Other Bets,” could help investors see more value in the sum of these parts. Alphabet, which now has a market capitalization of roughly $708 billion could actually be a $1 trillion company, the bank’s analysts said.
1. Adopt a mobile-first mindset. “The teens that make up Gen Z had smartphones before their millennial counterparts, and every marketer looking to target this demographic should take a mobile-first approach. By creating and publishing short, fun videos with a high propensity of going viral, marketers can leverage YouTube to target smartphones with pre-roll ads that are related to the content they are searching or watching.” – Steven Pulcinella, ProspectsPLUS! as quoted in 12 Tips to Help Your YouTube Marketing Quickly Click with Generation Z, Forbes; Twitter: @Forbes
45. Optimize your videos and playlists for watch time. “Industry expert Mark Robertson confirmed that since October 2012, YouTube’s algorithm has prioritized videos that lead to longer overall watch time or viewing sessions, rather than videos that get more views. So, if viewers watch your videos – and suggested videos – beyond the first view, then your videos are more likely to be ranked highly in YouTube’s search results and related videos.
It wasn’t long ago that “content marketing” meant producing and promoting blog posts, infographics, white papers and other static media. But as the digital landscape continues to evolve, “content” is increasingly coming to be understood as “video.” YouTube—the original video platform—continues to be a big player when it comes to the most effective channels for video marketing.
Have you ever watched a YouTube star’s video and thought, I could’ve done that? Me neither. Out of all the influencer platforms, YouTube strikes me as the most intimidating. But it can also be the most lucrative, with top YouTubers earning well into the six figures from advertising revenue alone. And this pie is only getting expanding: YouTube recently reported that the number of users earning over $100,000 on the platform has increased by more than 40 percent annually; currently, 75 percent more channels have surpassed a million subscribers versus last year.
I believe that any vision ⚡ can be achieved with the right plan of attack. As the founder of a wellness startup, I'm well versed in what it means to build a company and a brand. In addition to giving a project life, my specialty lies in helping business owners leverage YouTube, in the most efficient and effective way possible. Having developed my own YouTube channel and having filmed and edited over 100+ videos of my own, I’m familiar with the details involved because I’ve done the work myself. I’ve studied YouTube intensely and can decipher what creates a good video, a great channel and a solid audience. Whether you’re a company or an individual simply looking to establish a presence on YouTube, or if your intention is to give it your all and commit to the platform wholeheartedly, I’m more than confident that I can guide you in the right direction. I’m available for YouTube Consultations as well as other related creative services such as: ► YouTube Channel Development ► YouTube Channel Management ► SEO Optimization of Video Content & YouTube Channel Overall ► Video Content Strategy ► Video Production ► Video Filming ► Video Editing ► YouTube Video Thumbnail Design ► YouTube Channel Art Creation ► Script Writing ► Creating a Brand Aesthetic ► Copywriting ► Editing 💡 Are you interested in YouTube but don’t want to be on camera? If you’re looking for a Brand Ambassador, I am happy to consider projects on a case-by-case basis.
Until last month, pretty much any random person could enable the “monetization” setting on their YouTube account and get ads on their videos, allowing them to earn a fraction of a cent for every time a person viewed or clicked on their content. That all changed in January, however, when Google (YouTube’s owner) announced new standards to merit those ads. Now, to be accepted into the “YouTube Partner Program” and monetize your channel, you need a minimum of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch-time over the past 12 months; your videos will also be more closely monitored for inappropriate content. Meanwhile, YouTube also promised that members of “Google Preferred” — a vaunted group of popular channels that make up YouTube’s top 5 percent, and command higher ad dollars because of it — will be more carefully vetted. (These shifts followed the Logan Paul controversy, as well as a brouhaha about ads running on unsavory content, such as sexually explicit or extremist videos.)
7. Turn to crowdfunding: There are two primary types of crowdfunding: recurring and project-based. Recurring crowdfunding lets contributors pay an amount they specify on a regular schedule. You’d want to maximize this type of funding in order to turn a channel into a substantial income stream. Incentives such as one-on-one video chats, private classes or merchandise can entice viewers to sign up.
"Whether your business is closer to Boeing or P&G, or more like YouTube or flickr, there are vast pools of external talent that you can tap with the right approach. Companies that adopt these models can drive important changes in their industries and rewrite the rules of competition":270 "new business models for open content will not come from traditional media establishments, but from companies such as Google, Yahoo, and YouTube. This new generation of companies is not burned by the legacies that inhibit the publishing incumbents, so they can be much more agile in responding to customer demands. More important, they understand that you don't need to control the quantity and destiny of bits if they can provide compelling venues in which people build communities around sharing and remixing content. Free content is just the lure on which they layer revenue from advertising and premium services".:271sq
“Additionally, such branding is important for ensuring that your viewers remember the video, which is especially handy when they need to refer someone to it. Even though they might forget the actual content and the name of the video, remembering your branded footage will help direct viewers to your channel.” – Jon Clark, 7 Vital Elements of a Successful YouTube Video, SearchEngineJournal; Twitter: @sejournal
I am an experience search professional who comes from a background of leading a paid marketing team at a Google Premier Partner. In addition to leading the paid team, my experience encompasses all mediums within digital marketing. This experience allows me to seize upon opurtunities that other marketers may not identify. My goal is to bring the highest quality digital marketing services at the absolute lowest price. By keeping overhead low, everyone can afford the big agency feeling!
Keywords are the other important thing. You need to make sure you put those keywords in your title so it attracts the right audience. Keywords like social media marketing, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, ROI, and blogging are all keywords you’ll find me using. If you know your niche, you’ll know what keywords you need to use.
FOR CHRIS PREKSTA, co-launching the now-popular YouTube show "Pittsburgh Dad" was a "happy accident." In 2011, Preksta filmed his co-creator Curt Wootton performing an amusing impression of his father's Pittsburgh-inflected accent, and the pair edited it to look like a family sitcom. They uploaded it to YouTube, primarily to share with their own families. But soon, the video was receiving tens of thousands of views and gaining coverage on local media stations.
I recommend that your account picture (which you set through your Google account) is some sort of brand logo. If you’re a one-person business, it can be a professional headshot of you. Ideally, it should match your profile pictures on other social media accounts for instant brand recognition. This works both ways; if ones of your followers from another site comes across your YouTube, you want them to recognize you so they’re more likely to watch. And, vice versa, if a viewer Googles you, you want them to be sure that the Facebook profile they’re clicking on is actually you. To change your channel art, just click on it when editing your profile.
YouTube is pulling in plenty of dollars – 4 billion of them in 2014, up by a billion on 2013 – but it’s also spending it like there’s no tomorrow. People “familiar with its financials” told the Wall Street Journal this week that after forking out for original content and also the infrastructure to keep the whole shebang going, the company is just about breaking even.
YouTube was founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim, when they worked for PayPal. Prior to working for PayPal, Hurley studied design at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Chen and Karim studied computer science together at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. YouTube's initial headquarters was above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California.
Typically only offered to large YouTube channels with a wide audience (although not exclusively), another big way to earn cash through YouTube is to get sponsored deals with companies that will pay you to promote or mention their products in your videos. You can earn money this way either as a lump sum of cash the company will pay you for the deal, clicks on the company's link, or on a per-view basis.
You should focus on targeting one goal per video. Some of the most common video goals are to increase brand awareness or views, clicks, or inbound links and social shares . Depending on how you use the video in your marketing material, the goal could be to increase the open rate of an email series or improve the conversion rate on a landing page. YouTube is a great platform for growing brand awareness.
YouTube has a library of free sound effects and music to use in your videos. Some other great resources for royalty free music are Pond5, Epidemic Sound, and PremiumBeat. Both services include thousands of professionally recorded and produced songs in a multitude of genres at varying lengths and tempos. PremiumBeat and Pond5 both include a large library of sound effects to add texture and depth to your videos. Sometimes, it only takes a subtle sound effect layer in the background of a scene to elevate the production quality of your video and really pull your audience into the story.
17. Don’t increase video length in an effort to increase watch time. “When YouTube decided to mothball the view metric, it replaced it with ‘watch time,”’or how long a viewer watches a video. Not only are individual videos ranked by watch time, but so are your channels, according to YouTube: ‘Channels and videos with higher watch times are likely to show up higher in search results and recommendations.’
I'm a digital marketing expert with over 12 years of wide-ranging experience in PPC advertising, SEM, community management, inbound marketing, digital strategy, project management, and PR. My main focus is on PPC advertising. Through the thoughtful use of quality targeted content, industry-specific social research and individually tailored multi-channel campaigns + analytics, I help small-to-medium sized businesses in all industries better engage with customers and increase brand awareness while also driving revenues. Every business has unique needs and value propositions. These variants require custom strategy solutions. I'm here to help create, implement, maintain, and iterate upon campaigns tailored specifically to your business, cause, or venture. Please reach out to learn more. :: Service Offerings :: -Google Ads (formerly Adwords) -Facebook + Instagram Ads -Twitter Ads -LinkedIn Ads -Reddit Ads :: Certifications :: Certified Google Partner Google AdWords Certified Google Analytics Certified HubSpot Inbound Certified
36. Add in-stream call-to-actions and inspire viewers to subscribe. “In April 2017, YouTube changed its policy, and now you are required to have 1000 subscribersto stream live videos. That is why this year we’ll see more live videos than ever before. You can stream interviews or Q&A sessions with users; you can show the ongoings of backstage; tell breaking news, events, etc. Tubularinsights insists that whatever occasion you choose for going live, be sure you rehearse before streaming the whole thing. Besides, live video sessions require beforehand promotion. Otherwise, nobody will see your live video and your efforts will be in vain. Don’t forget to add in-stream call-to-actions, both visual and verbal, thus inspiring viewers to subscribe.” – Donna Moores, What’s New in Marketing on YouTube: Tips You Need to Know for 2018, Socialnomics; Twitter: @socialnomics
Engagement reports help you learn what content is resonating with your audience. Here you can see what viewers are clicking, sharing, commenting, and promoting. You can also see how your cards and end screens are performing in your engagement reports. Cards and end screens reports help you learn what your audience is engaging with so you can optimize your calls-to-action in future videos.
Of course, YouTube is funded by advertisers. So it makes sense to pay attention to their wants and desires. But under the current model, brands’ reactions are often a placeholder for third party regulation. And at the moment – as content creators are sketching the line for appropriate content – it is often advertisers who have the final say about acceptability.
9. Know your audience. “Your audience has needs, and no two audiences are alike. This group of people that have started to follow your content, these are individuals that are interested in what you have to say. You need to be able to give them what they came for, while also being able to stay true to your brand. Finding that healthy balance between what your brand needs and what the audience wants is key to maximizing how you market your content. By using YouTube as a social media marketing tool, you’re connecting with the people who support you, while also growing your brand.” – Stevan McGrath, The 7 Key Ways to Be Successful on YouTube, BestTechie; Twitter: @besttechie
50. Use tools available through YouTube. “Start by using the tools available directly through YouTube. For example, provide a detailed and accurate title and description to each of your videos, and associate tags (keywords) that are directly relevant.” – Jason R. Rich, 12 Strategies for Promoting Your YouTube Videos, Entrepreneur; Twitter: @Entrepreneur
Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.
User entitlement -- A key to the plan of scaling up and eventually figuring out how to make money is free services for users. The minute you charge people, most walk off, particularly when they've been trained to assume that services should be free. YouTube has clearly told people that they should expect free video streaming, even if it has considered an ad-free paid subscription service. Getting consumers to change their behavior after they've become used to not paying is next to impossible.
I co-create with my clients to help build their brand awareness and story online with creative media creation via graphic design, youtube optimized videos and unique social media campaigns to grow their online audience. Using the elements of internet crafted video editing, graphic design, web design, growth marketing tools & social media management. We support 'positive change makers', shifting to a healthier more sustainable consumerism mentality and a balanced way of life. I am a YouTube marketing consultant, Video Editor, Graphic Designer and social media growth strategist based in Denver, Colorado. I've worked at two of the top YouTube networks, Maker Studios & DanceOn providing channel management, social media organic growth & brand development in Los Angeles. Currently freelancing offering consultant meetings in accordance to agreed social media, general marketing goals, brand development & custom YouTube strategies. I am ambitious, honest, forward thinking and entrepreneurial. I have done video editing for over 18 years and like to create spotlight stories on new and emerging businesses. I have been in the world of new media for the past several years but come from a background in film production. I majored in web design & Interactive media at the Illinois Institute of Art, and have traveled to 37 countries! Always looking to bring innovative & creative ideas to the forefront.
You're much more likely to build up revenue by getting an audience through regular content publishing, whether you're making vlogs, cat videos or just talking about custard creams.You might remember the tale of 17 year old Fred Pye - he hit the news a few years ago when he revealed he'd earned £24,000 a year by making walk-throughs for Grand Theft Auto.